Friday, October 7, 2011

Time Flies

I cannot believe I haven't updated this since August. Well, school has started and everyone is finally doing well. Halle was first with the back-to-school anxieties...lasted about two weeks. Poor thing she works so hard and is so committed and dedicated to school that she worries about not doing her best. I think it was just her getting used to a new teacher, new rules, procedures, expectations, etc. She loves her 4th grade teacher and class and is doing so well. I am so proud of how hard she works to always do her best. She is running for 4th grade Senator; she was already elected for student council in her room. Her 'platform' for her campaign is bullying and making the restrooms cleaner. Gotta love that! And she takes her platform very seriously! It is so funny! Then it was Gracie getting off to a rough start....we'll just leave it at that b/c the memories of those weeks are very painful and not pleasant. I feel certain I don't need a blog to help me remember those days! WOW! She is now back in school mode and doing great! She is quite the little whiz too....LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to read and write and is very good at both! Then there's my little Cade. He was this year's first Terrific Kid of the family and was very proud. He feels really 'big' this year b/c he has real 1st grade work to do!

Soccer is now off to a start w/ games on Saturdays and practice on Tuesdays! Halle is about
10 x more aggressive than last year. It's amazing. Gracie is awesome and so smart about how she plays the game. And Cade is faster than a speeding bullet and has more energy than the other 2 put together. He can chase a ball down from anywhere on the field. Not the smartest way to play soccer, but it is quite comical! I'm coaching Halle's team w/ the help of 2 assistants that I could not do without. They begged me to coach b/c they needed a warm body, so I did it, but I have no clue what the rules are----but I'm learning.


Game time!


My Terrific Kid!
























No comments:

Post a Comment