Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pet Apollo

The most angelic face ever! This is Apollo. My first baby. Eleven years ago over spring break....pre-parenthood I went to a rescue shelter and brought home 2 litter mates, Rocky and Apollo. They were my twins if you will! Sadly, Rocky died a few months later while being neutered at the vet (don't get me started), but Apollo made it through the beating they called a surgery and he is still with us. He has been the best dog ever and is so laid back and easy going. He has been stepped on, pulled, screamed at, etc. and has never once snapped at any of the kids. What a trooper! Now that the kids are past terrorizing him, they just love him. They remind me of myself as a young child. Always hating to leave him for the day, the weekend, or whatever, because he would be lonely. Especially Gracie.....she's definitely been the most afraid of dogs, yet her heart and spirit are always the one so sad or happy for the family pet. It is so cute. I took Apollo to get his hair cut over spring break so take a look at a before and after picture. The poor dog has TONS of hair so I know he feels so much better and ready for the summer heat. The day I left him for his haircut the kids weren't with me and poor me got all choked up leaving him alone. He didn't want to go into his kennel and it about broke my heart.


Who can resist this face that truly does no wrong!

After the haircut....all handsome and ready for the summer heat!
He may be a dog.....but he is such a special part of our family!










No comments:

Post a Comment