Monday, September 21, 2009

Gracie GIRL!!


I love the mobile w/ all the different sports and then lace around it. We used it for all 3 nurseries...minus the lace for Cade!



Emma Grace Wilson…aka….’Gracie’….the classic middle child some would say! I don’t know what it’s like to be a middle child so I can’t really relate at all. But I do remember thinking that bringing #2 into this world would be a ‘cinch.’ I mean after all, I know what you do with babies…put them to bed, feed them, change them, and show them off. Well, Gracie had other things in mind. I remember vividly coming home with this special bundle of joy like it was yesterday. She didn’t sleep and she wasn’t crazy about eating. I was like ‘what’s wrong with you, do as other babies do….sleep for mommy’s sake.’

Many a nights were spent walking the floor w/ Gracie May as she is called…not sure why! And when my arms got tired I would put her in the infamous bouncy seat and put on teletubbies. She wasn’t a friend of Little Einsteins like most….but Teletubbies would give mom about a 55 minute break, and then it was back to the pacing. The poor thing was plagued with ear infections and excema for all of her infancy and toddler years. Her excema still creates havoc on her poor skin, but she is a trooper with it. Just the few times I have had poison ivy make me realize just how miserable she must feel.

Gracie comes in a small package but she is filled with spunk and attitude! Don’t let her big blue eyes fool you. She loves the boys and says she might get married, but NO KIDS…they hurt! True-true! She has many suitors asking for her hand and I am sure she will one day choose the right one! She follows her big sister around and does whatever she is asked to do…most of the time. She loves to please Halle in every way. Sure, they fight, a lot! But I love to watch them play together….they get dressed up, go to work, use the computer for business necessities, and then go home! Or they sing and dance to the top of their lungs. Oh and if you have never seen Gracie dance….WOW—she can move her hips like no 5 year old I’ve ever seen. I fear for the school dances that come in the future and pray I don’t get a phone call. What can I say—she is one with the music.

1 comment:

  1. Gracie and I are kindred spirits!! The middle child- what more can I say. I think we like to add a little some something to the family makeup!!! I love Gracie and know one day she will choose the right suitor or else her daddy will kill somebody!!!

    ReplyDelete