Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Well, I had lots to say earlier today, and now I'm pretty speechless. It doesn't happen very often. Everyone is thankfully loving school. Halle is in the 2nd grade and Gracie just started K5. Cade has one more year at School Days. Time flies. As happy as I'll be to have no more daycare to pay for, it will also be a little sad.




Halle works so hard in school. She loves to read and is the classic teacher's pet. Her goal is to please the teacher and she has lots of good friends. I am pretty sure she could take my spot as 'mom' at any given moment. As the oldest child she is constantly directing Gracie and Cade on what to do and how to do it. Most of the time they take her word for it.....but not always! She loves gymnastics and is on her hands and upside down more than she is on her feet. Brings back lots of memories of the days I was doing that same thing. She loves to be outside riding her bike or just playing in the yard. She and Gracie do fight as all sisters do, but I love to watch them playing happily, pretending they are singers, or dancers, or mom and dad, or whatever! I hope they will grow up to be best friends.





Gracie, Gracie, Gracie! I say her name all the time for various reasons. She is a petite child, but full of spunk, life, and attitude! She just started kindergarten and is loving it. She is not really a morning person and her morning hair is quite a sight. She said she was bored the first few days of school, but now she seems to be able to do more. I'm sure Halle prepared her well for all the rules and routines which is why all that 'carpet time' was too much....she had already heard it. And lets just say that Gracie has several boyfriends. Ever since her time at School Days she gravitates toward them. I honestly don't know what it is, but she loves to play w/ the boys. She takes gymnastics too and loves it of course. Soccer starts in 2 weeks and I will be coaching her and Cade on the same team. We have started conditioning already...ha! Gracie and Cade are 14 months apart but could probably pass for twins. He is about as big as she is. The poor things will probably be in booster seats in middle school!






And Cade is quite the ladies man at school. He has lots of girlfriends. He is a hoot. I could listen to him talk all day.....He always has something to say and I honestly think he could talk all day and never get tired of it. Oh well. He reminds me of Gracie a lot actually, but not quite as much attitude if you know what I mean. He tries his best to keep up w/ them and he does a pretty good job. He loves to show people how fast he can run and if you ever ask him, be prepared to show him just how fast you can run. He seems to be very competitive and does not like to lose or not be the best. I cannot believe my youngest will be 5 years old in January. It just does not seem possible. With three kids in 3 years, there is never a quiet or dull moment. And on the rare occassion that it is quiet, I cannot even imagine life any other way.













1 comment:

  1. Welcome to your newest addiction! I love reading other people's blog too so I can just add you to my growing list! I couldn't help but laugh at Lucy saying she wanted to give you a tutorial! He He He!!!

    ReplyDelete