Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend




No Independence Day needed for this K5 student. Tomorrow (Tuesday) is Ebinport's Independence Day for the K5 students who have been walking in with their parents since school started. I walked Gracie in the first day, and that was it. She is too cute getting out of the car w/ her big ole' bookbag....it's about as big as she is! And Halle looked shocked at even the thought of me walking her in on the first day of school!
















Cade-slurping down a diet coke after riding his bike up and down the road a gazillion times. This child has SO much energy! Look at his little rosy cheeks. Oh and the new watch. He has been wanting a new watch, who knows why. This is how the conversation went to my neighbor this evening.


Cade "Well, I wanted a new watch but my momma said we had no money, so we went to Wal-mart and she got some money."


I wished it were that simple love...ha!























Halle and Gracie climing trees in the yard. They spent a good bit of the day Saturday making up gymnastics/dance routines to music. Oh, how I remember those days.
















Sunday, my dad and Lin came through town for dinner. They love Papa Jon and Mama Lin. We drove 8 hours to visit this summer and the kids did great in the car. I was so impressed. They came to Clemson Saturday for the MTSU vs. Clemson game and then stopped by to see us Sunday. The kids love them to death and we wished they lived closer.






Monday we spent the day by the pool! Need I say more....fun times!



















Fuzzy I know, but too funny! He was diving for diving sticks in the hot tub. The pool was a little chilly.
















And to top it off a not so great night at Chick-fil-A. Now I am a fan of this fast food restaurant, and so is Halle! It was 4:00 and I was starving so I decided we'd load up and grab a FREE chicken sandwich. I should've listened to my head, as it kept saying---DON'T do it! But, we did. I changed everyone into a college t-shirt, which is how you get the sandwich. Now all 3 shirts were actually Cade's, but they were a little big. So, Cade has on the Panthers and I originally had the red shirt on Halle, b/c it was bigger. But, Gracie being difficult, said the grey shirt 'didn't feel good!' Whatever. Halle, the peacemaker, and the smart one-knowing that IF the attitude persisted I would quickly change my mind and it would ham sandwiches, AGAIN, so Halle switched with Gracie! Now poor Halle's shirt is about a size 3T.


So we get to Chick-fil-A and it's pandomonium. I had planned to take it home, but I figured, why not...live a little! Halle w/ her tight shirt and short shorts, Cade just didn't match at all, and honestly Gracie looked cute as a button! People lined up everywhere for this free chicken sandwich. So not worth it! I probably saw at least 5 families I knew, but it was too crowded to speak, so I'd just give a little wave and nod! And honestly what topped it off was the couple in front of me that were displaying too much public affection. I just couldn't take it. The playground was packed and of course mine were begging to go play, but I lovingly said NO, and we were out of there. We went around the block instead.




Here's poor Halle in her 3T t-shirt....such a trooper! Hey-at least her belly is not hanging out. We've all seen that before and it's not pretty! Oh and by the way--I would've never done that to her. She's still cute though!





















Gracie, got her way, and loving it!











And Cade...I'm really not sure what this is about! Kind of a rough and tough pose, yet his face is just not that tough!





























































































































































































2 comments:

  1. You are TOO much!! I love that about Halle- your kids are my family made over-Halle aka Connie, Gracie aka me (middle child syndrome) and Cade aka Palmer- I LOVE IT!!!! Too bad Chicola was so crowded- I almost attempted it, but thought better!! So glad you are blogging- you have a lot of material to work with!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, yeah you were a brave soul to dare to enter the land of Chick-Fil-A on such a day! Kudos to you friend! Good thing I can nuke some nuggets from the Food Lion in the microwave and call it Chick-Fil-A without anyone knowing!! Love the shirt ordeal!

    ReplyDelete